Thursday, November 24, 2011

Video-o-o


This is obviously the week of videos. I went to the ICA for Bloomberg New Contemporaries (and almost vomited from a performance where people were drenched in perfume wandered around the gallery space. There was no escape from the reek). Savinder Bual's Train loop video, which was basically a glorified gif as well as a smart comment on the history of cinema, was a favourite for me.

French Riviera's next show opening on Wednesday is going to sate my current obsession with moving image for a while. A temporary TV wall will feature work from people like Hannah Perry, Jon Nash, Leslie Kulesh, Sebastiaan Schlicher, Kris Emmerson etc. I may even play a few records at the end of the night...



And for a more informative video Recreative's well made films about the Converse/Dazed Emerging Artists Award include a short interview of me blabbing away looking a bit hungover.

No comments: