Sunday, May 03, 2009

New York

I have just come back from two weeks in New York. Saw lots of work when i was there - Jonathan Horowitz and Kenneth Anger at PS1, Matt Greene at Deitch, Nigel Cooke, John Waters and numerous more forgettable shows in Chelsea, Into The West and Kippenberger at MOMA, New Museum Triennial (Brendan Fowler and Luke Fowler were about all i liked - maybe its the name...). My fortnight was enriched by Marina Abramovic, Christian Jankowski, Alex Logsdail, Louisa St Pierre, Shannon, Geez, Nathan Nedorostek and the Taco crowd, Ken Miller, Jamie O'Shea, Conrad Ventur, Larry Tee, Amanda Lepore, Roxy Cottentail, Maximillian Lawrence, Slater Bradley, Pablo Power and some others...

The best thing I saw X's brilliant three floor retrospective of Derek Jarman's early super 8 films. They were a revelation to me (i was never a big fan of his features...)

I fell in love with Journey to Avebury (1971) in such a nostalgic British way...

No comments: